- KHALTSE SUB DIVISION : Khaltse, Domkhar, Skrubuchan,Hanu,Biama, Dha.
- NYOMA SUB DIVISION : Karu, Chang La, Dubruk, Tangtse, Lukung, Spangmik, Manmerak (Pangong Tso), Upshi, Chumathang, Mahe,Puga, Tsomoriri, Karzok,Loma bend.
- NUBRA SUBDIVISION : Khardung La, Khalsar, Diskit, Hunder, Turtuk, Panamik.
Ride Inn does not arrange for Inner Line Permits.
2) Accelerator cable
3) Headlight bulb
4) Spare motorcycle key
5) Spark plugs
6) Clutch plates
7) Air filter. ( In Ladakh its extremely dusty and air filter must be cleant after every 500km so the motorcycle can breathe well. Its always best to carry a spare air filter as such parts are not easily available in Ladakh.
8) Chain link
9) Wheel bearings
10) Tyre leaver
11) Puncture repair kit and spare tube
12) Foot pump
13) 500ml engine oil
14) Electrical tape
16) Plastic ties
17) Small piece of wire
18) OEM tool kit.
2) Good quality waterproof riding boots. A good alternative is gum boots as it is ideal during water crossings (use the light weight gum boots made of same material as crocs floaters).
3) Thermal inners
4) Monkey cap
5) UV protect sunglasses
6) Head lamp torch
7) Extra pairs of socks and warm gloves
8) Medical essentials such as first aid kit provided with motorcycle, a nasal spray for blocked nose, paracetamol for fever/headache, medication for gas, vomiting and stomach upset
9) Lip balm, cold cream and lots of sunscreen lotion. Neutrogena SPF 50 works excellent.
10) Glucon D & electoral
11) Protein/ nutribar to keep you energized in case of breakdown or if stranded due to road block/landslide.
12) Plastic or water proof bags to pack all your clothes in before putting in your saddlebags/backpacks.
The 2 most common ways to transport bikes is by train or truck.
2) Copy & original of insurance policy of motorcycle
3) Copy & orginal of ID proof such as driver’s license.
4) Copy & original train ticket (only required when traveling with bike in the train)
Pune – 07709005232
Nagpur – 09561011711/01
Ahmedabad – 07600061423
Bangalore – 09741160122
Hyderabad – 08008559490
Cochin – 09567609526
Trivandrum – 09995804287
Goa – 07709005028
Kolkata – 09903002448
Guwahati – 09678002878
Mandi & Manali – 8894704138 / 9318068862
Transporting from Manali : Gati – 8894704138
Nitco transpoters : 0190 222344 / 9816025656
Transporting from Leh : Nitco transpoters : 9469177106
Transporting from Srinagar : Nitco Transpoters : 0941 2495192 / 09419010549
Transporting from Jammu : Nitco Transpoters : 0191 2476865
1) It is always best to start early and arrive early. Make sure your bike is loaded and engine is warm, so you can head out at the break of dawn. By doing this you will avoid a lot of traffic. More importantly, the water level in the water crossing/glacial melts will not be high and will be easier and safer to cross. It also gives you a lot of buffer time in case of a breakdown or landslide en route.
2) It is important to have good quality waterproof riding boots. A good alternative is gum boots as it is ideal for water crossings (use the light weight gum boots made of same material as crocs floaters). If water enters, empty it out immediately, wear a new pair of socks and tie the wet socks to your motorcycle luggage rack or handlebar to dry. The worst thing one can do is ride with cold and wet feet. Wet feet will lead to the body getting cold which in turn may lead to AMS.
3) Your luggage should always be wrapped in a waterproof cover or tarpaulin to prevent clothes from getting wet during rain or while riding through a glacial melt/nallah/water crossing.
4) Being a cold desert, Ladakh & Spiti can be very cold at night and early morning. However post 8-9 am it can be extremely hot. Its best to wear a thermal layer and your riding jacket inners when starting to ride. Once it gets hot you can take them off and put it your tank bag.
5) Try and carry as little luggage as possible. Carry a tent & sleeping bag only if essential and if you are going to camp in areas where accommodation is not available. It really does not make any sense carrying a sleeping bag and tent just to camp for a night, Also, balance your luggage properly. Make sure the centre of gravity is forward and not at the rear of your motorcycle. Avoid excess weight at the rear as this will make the front end of your motorcycle jump up on even the slightest of gravel. Try putting most of your heavy stuff like tools etc in the tank bag/crash guard bags or side panniers.
PETROL PUMP : Manali, Bahang, Tandi, Karu, Leh
MOBILE NETWORK : Manali(all mobile networks) Keylong(bsnl & airtel) Leh (BSNL, Airtel, Aircell, Vodafone post paid only).
PETROL PUMP : A New HPCL petrol pump has been opened at South Pullu. There is a petrol pump in Hunder, however fuel is available only once a month. It is as good as non existent.
MOBILE NETWORK : BSNL post paid works in Diskit & Hunder.
PETROL PUMP : Kargil & Padum
MOBILE NETWORK : BSNL post paid works in both Kargil & Padum. Airtel will also work in Kargil.
SRINAGAR LEH HIGHWAY
PETROL PUMP : Srinagar,Sonmarg, Kargil, Mulbeck, Leh
MOBILE NETWORK : Kargil – BSNL & Airtel, Srinagar – all major postpaid mobile networks.
PETROL PUMP : Manali, Bahang, Kaza, Rekong Peo, Rampur, Shimla
MOBILE NETWORK : BSNL post paid works in most parts of Spiti.
PETROL PUMP : Manali, Bahang, Tandi, Chamba
MOBILE NETWORK : Airtel will work from Manali till little after Tandi. BSNL works through most of Pangi
Valley however signal strength may not be the best.